What is the Math Lab?
The Mathematics Tutorial Laboratory is a place for students to get assistance studying for their math classes.
- Primary function: provide students with the opportunity to receive one-on-one help from tutors ready and able to answer questions.
- Goal: help students reach their peak performance.
- Made available by the Department of Mathematics.
- Serves around 8000 students each semester.
Who can come to the Math Lab?
- Students taking any of the courses listed here.
Who works at the Math Lab?
More about tutors, including a link to pictures, is available here.
- Tutors are mathematics graduate students.
- Many work as TAs for classes covered in the Math Lab.
What else can you get at the Math Lab?
In addition to tutoring, the Mathematics Tutorial Laboratory provides many other resources to support student efforts.
- Review sessions and mini lectures on topics of special interest.
- Computer programs for use as study aids.
- Information sheets and practice worksheets covering most subjects students may encounter.
- Online access to old exams (some with solutions) and lecture notes for extra practice.